Fresh produce and natural products
We have expertise at IFR Extra to help you develop and optimise fresh horticultural produce and extracts and/or ingredients of plant origin For example:
- Optimisation of crops for specific secondary plant metabolites including carotenoids, flavonoids, sulphur-containing molecules, volatile oils, or other bioactives. This includes food and non-food crops.
- Provision of marketing ‘stories’ and liaison with analysis teams to enable producers/companies to ‘own’ global stories relating to flavour or health benefits of fresh produce.
- Development of commercially viable analysis tools for fresh produce quality.
- Shelf-life and modified atmosphere packaging trials for flavour, fragrance or healthy bioactives in fresh produce
- Assessment of market opportunity for new extracts from plants, or new food products.
- New sources of natural colours.
- Development of new, novel foods and ingredients on the basis of bioactivity, flavour or colour.
- Extraction efficiency for valued molecules from biomass, developing links with commercial parties for extraction/purification.
- Sourcing or supplying quality essential oils.
We can analyse a range of products for phytochemicals using the latest analytical techniques. For an up-to-date list and pricing please contact us
For more information, please contact Kerry I’Anson